Buying real estate in Orlando, Florida can be very exciting. The real estate market in Orlando is very dynamic and can be competitive, even in what’s called a buyer’s market. So, to aid you in buying real estate in Orlando, we have put together 8 suggestions which you should consider as you begin your search for the right piece of real estate.
1. Be a Pre-Approved Buyer: A pre-approved buyer of real estate, here in Orlando or anywhere else, always has the advantage in an offer situation. Becoming pre-approved is very easy and fast – you complete a quick loan application with a credit check prior to beginning your home search process. Pre-approval means that you have actually been approved for buying the real estate by a lender, which gives you the edge in home purchase negotiating. This tip is almost a necessity when buying real estate in Orlando.
2. Beat The Competition to The Best New Listings: The search process for buying real estate can be both fun and trying. You will notice that some homes and real estate sell very fast here in Orlando and others hang around for long periods of time. The best homes at the best prices sell fast. Keeping on top of this is essential. Connect with a professional real estate agent that knows the Orlando area market and keeps you updated.
3. Do The Research: Make yourself a “home value expert.” Investigate the areas around Orlando and price ranges for the kind of home you are looking for. Get a good idea of the price ranges these homes sell for and how long the market time is for them. Your real estate agent is a great asset here. If you are buying real estate in Orlando, don’t go it alone!
4. Have Your Offer Presented in Person: Your real estate agent represents you and your best interests. To adequately do this, make sure that your home offer is presented by them directly to the seller. This personal touch will give you the edge. Your real estate agent agent also might pick up critical information during this meeting. When buying real estate in Orlando you want every advantage you can get.
5. Prove That You Are a Serious Buyer: The best way to accomplish this is with strong earnest money. This might mean that you put 5% or more down on the home to get the seller’s attention.
6. Don’t Go Crazy: Even in a hot market like Orlando tends to be, be cool and calculated with your decisions. A knowledgeable real estate agent can really help you here in the buying process. Your home purchase may be your single largest investment. It is important to make sure that you get the best deal possible. Overpaying now will make it harder to get your value back when you sell.
7. Keep Your Offer Simple and Clean: Make sure that your contract to purchase is simple, clean and not bogged down with unnecessary contingencies, especially repairs. Keep the time frames of repairs and responses to a minimum. The cleaner your offer, the more interested the seller will become. This may help you purchase the property at the best price. Having a real estate agent who is also a licensed attorney can greatly help you with these contracts.
8. Don’t Wing It Alone: What you need most in today’s complex Orlando marketplace is an experienced and professional real estate agent who represents your interests only. No matter how heated the competition or the negotiations, a professional real estate agent will represent your best interests, keep you from paying too much when buying the house of your dreams, and help you maximize your investment.
Buying real estate in Orlando can be a joyous time. But it is also a very important decision. So make sure to look for a real estate agent who will represent you and your best interests. You, the home buyer, pay nothing for a professional real estate agent. The fees are paid for by the seller.
Click here to contact us today and find out how we can help you find the most house for the best price.