It’s tough to keep your Orlando home in top-notch, showing condition all the time. Kids, pets, and your own living habits tend to create messes. Also, the real estate agent’s call informing you that he’s coming by with a potential buyer often comes at the last minute. So you need to take a moment to learn how to show your Orlando home.
Here is a list of last-minute items to attend to between the real estate agent’s call and his arrival to show your home.
- Clean up all messes around the house.
- Clean and put away dirty dishes.
- Clear tables of un-necessary items.
- Send kids and pets outside to play, or have them visit a neighbor. You should also be prepared to step out for a few minutes. It is better if you are not at home while it is being shown.
- Turn off your appliances, including the tv and radio.
- Turn on quite a few lights. Your home will appear brighter and the shadows will be reduced. During the day, open curtains and blinds. At night, turn on any outside lights.
- Close your garage door.
- Put away kid’s toys.
- Open some windows unless there are noise considerations. (Weather permitting).
- Remove any ashtrays and evidence of tobacco.
- Eliminate any bad or stale odors. Use air freshener, especially if you smoke, have pets, or the house has been sealed for some time. Gingerbread cooling in the oven is a great touch! Other good fragrances are cinnamon and spices.
- In Winter, light a fire in the fireplace. In Summer, have the wood stacked neatly beside the fireplace.
- Be sure your plants have been watered and look healthy. If not, remove them.
- It is best to leave your home whenever possible. If you can’t leave, greet your guests politely and retreat to another room. By staying out of the way, your real estate agent can expertly show prospective buyers around, answer their questions, and more effectively sell your home.
By following these guidelines on how to show your home, you’ll know you’ve done your part in helping to elicit an offer for your home. This may help you receive a better offer and a quicker offer!
Contact us for additional tips on how to show your Orlando home!